Friday 18 November 2016

Animation Principles

This exercise was used to teach us the 12 animation principles. These are;


- Anticipation
- Squash and Stretch
- Arc
- Exaggeration
- Ease in Ease out
- Timing
- Secondary Action


This is my second attempt at trying to use 'Squash and Stretch'. I feel that this didn't go very well, although you can see the stretch of the jaw the drawing is not very solid. The hair looks like it grows longer by the end of the gif which completely ruins the animation.







Here is my first attempt at portraying weight in animation. You can do this by using reference, for example the a feather would not fall as fast as the rock and the pencil.



On the ball bounce exercise we looked at 'Ease in and Ease Out', 'Squash and Stretch', 'Timing', 'Exaggeration', 'Solid Drawing' and 'Pose to Pose'. 








In the head turn animation we looked at 'Arcs'. For the timing on this exercise I drew the arcs on top of my initial plan and then drew the timing charts on the arcs which really helped when it came to animation the head turn.

After receiving feedback about this animation I was told that there aren't arcs in the head turn. I plan to redo this and add in a stronger arc as well as trying to keep the drawing as solid as possible.










After receiving feedback I found was told that the bouncing ball in this animation appeared too 'alive' because of this I have decide to redo this bouncing ball.







No comments:

Post a Comment