Tuesday 22 November 2016

Special Effects Compositions


To begin with we had a go at recreating mars using an image from the film 'The Martian'. This image had a professional green screen setup in what looked like a huge warehouse.

















Here is the dope sheet, For the background I used a 'Transform' node for the tilt feature as the ground had a harsh slope to it. I also used a 'Reformat' node to make sure the background image is the same size as the image of Matt Damon.

On the foreground image I had to key out the green screen so I used a keying tool called 'KeyLight' which is used in the industry as keying software. This didn't remove all of the green in the background so i then used a node called 'Roto' which you can use to create an alpha channel, this was very easy for a still image but might prove more difficult when using moving images as you would have to do it frame by frame.

I then used a 'Merge' node to create the final image, making sure that i connected 'A' to the foreground and 'B' to the background.










































On this image I tried to make the foreground and the background appear like they where shot under the same lighting. To do this I used a 'Grade' node and a 'ColorCorrection' node. These nodes allowed me to alter the saturation, contrast and exposure of the image which i the messed around with until the two images looked similar in lighting.

I also added a 'Blur' node to the background image. this gave the final result some depth.







































On this image I found it the hair extremely difficult to key. In the end I used the 'Roto' node to cut off the stray bits of hair in an attempt to make the image appear a bit more professional.
















No comments:

Post a Comment