Tuesday 22 November 2016

3D Minotaur Concepts






I wanted to challenge the idea that everyone had about the image of minotaur's. I brain stormed a few ideas and eventually ended up with going with a modernised minotaur. I wanted to also add a comical effect onto my ideas as well.

I looked at a few of the latest trends that have been going around and found the most stupid one which was footwear called 'Nike Sliders' which are basically slippers which you wear with socks and is socially acceptable to wear outside. I then wanted to come up with the weirdest idea for what he was going to be wearing and in the end I went with chefs equipment.

I made sure that I kept some of the defining ideas that come with the name minotaur i.e. Bull head that is attached to a Human torso, larger that human neck and big build. It is said minotaur's are extremely built (big muscles) and are very tall. My minotaur on the other hand has let himself go as he slipped in to modern society. 

Here is my first sketches on Photoshop. I feel that I can define the lines a lot more using a digital program rather that using the sketchbook. I did the initial drawing in my sketchbook then scanned it in to Photoshop and drew over the line work.



I had a go at doing some colouring and shading to prep for the texturing section of the 3D modelling. It also gives a better idea of the depth and shape of the character.




No comments:

Post a Comment